Monday, August 17, 2009

Some Advice for Stephen Strasburg

I have not been offered legal advice very much in my life--though, perhaps, at this stage that's a good thing.

Still, there was one piece of advice a mock trial coach once gave me: Never, ever sign anything unless you've read it.

Since receiving this advice I have adhered to it faithfully, without question.

Until now.

Dude, Strasburg, kid, listen. If someone's offering you a record bonus to sign in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression, you sign without a second thought.

I know the Nationals aren't very good, but hey, a) you can make them better, and b) if you can't, free agency ain't too far off.

Seriously, sign the damn contract already and restore our faith in humanity.

Cheers.


*****

In other news, according to various sources, both Yankees' top picks, Slade Heathcott and JR Murphy have signed, much better than last season when Gerrit Cole bolted for UCLA.