Friday, March 27, 2009

Saddest picture I have ever seen as a baseball fan



Courtesy CBS 880 radio.


Yankee Stadium, the old one is now completely grassless.

I had an interesting conversation with my father last night. He, of the non-baseballfan-why-are-you-wasting-your-money-on-tickets variety, asked me why they didn't just keep the old Stadium, turn it into a park...

As excited as I am about the new Stadium, I can't help but be sad about the passing of the old.


****

(Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't disappear off the face of the earth, and now I'm back to annoy you even more! Yay!)

4 comments:

  1. Tell your dad they ARE going to turn it into a park. It's going to be a public-use baseball diamond once the deconstruction is complete. At least that's what the original plan called for.

    Note the location of "Heritage Field" in the parking diagram:

    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/images/ballpark/y2009/yankee_stadium_map_800x800.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rebecca,

    I wanted to let you know that you do a wonderful job following the New York Yankees, and I enjoy reading your blog.

    As an avid sports fan and follower, I started my own Yankees blog entitled Heartbeat of the Bronx (http://heartbeatofthebronx.blogspot.com/). Peter Abraham was impressed with my work, and has added me to his blogroll on The LoHud Yankees Blog. It is an honor that we both share, and something that I truly cherish.

    If you were able to give feedback for my site and add me to your list of Yankees blogs, it would mean a lot. I hope to hear from you soon Rebecca, but keep up the excellent work regardless. Take care.

    Sincerely,

    Stephen Meyer (Heartbeat of the Bronx)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen, your blog sucks just about as much as this blog's writer is ugly

    ReplyDelete