Monday, September 22, 2008

The Morning After

From the moment I woke up this morning, my only thought has been, "it's gone".

Last night was a celebration and a tribute. Bittersweet, for sure, but it was about everything good that the Stadium was.

Today, however, there's an emptiness.

Reggie Jackson said it well--it feels like losing a friend.

I shouldn't care so much about a building...and yet...this was the stage of my childhood dreams.

I still have to go to class and, for the moment, feign an interest in the economic expansion of England in the 12th and 13th centuries, but today, my thoughts are elsewhere.

The Yankees won't stop playing. Next year they'll open a park that looks like (and is priced like) a palace, and I'll be write there, blogging and rooting for them all the way.

It won't be the same, however.

It will never be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment