Saturday, May 24, 2008

And the Beat Goes On...

(Guest post: Brent Nycz from The Bronx Block)

"Just like my love everlasting
And the beat goes on
Still moving strong on and on

Do you ever wonder
That to win, somebody's got to lose
I might as well get over the blues
Just like fishing in the ocean
There'll always be someone new
You did me wrong 'cos I've been through stormy weather..."

I can't help but think that the Whispers accurately described tonight's game 18 years ago. Plus, Michael Kay said it twice in the 5th inning.

Think about it: Jason Giambi has been on fire, and tonight was another example of that. 2-for-3 with 2 walks. The last couple of games, he has been having very productive at-bats characteristic of most of his career. After last night's walk-off single, Robinson Cano went 2-for-4 with 3 RBIs and a walk. Yes, a walk and Cano appeared in the same sentence. Heck, even Shelley Duncan got into the action, providing the first big blast, his 3-run HR in the 2nd inning.

Apparently, Yankees.com had a play on the fact that it's a Friday and the Yankees scored 13, 13 hits and 13 men sent up to the plate in the 8-run 5th inning. If we want to continue this theme, I sat in Section 37, Row D, seat 13 last night while wearing my new t-shirt, #13, Alex Rodriguez. Maybe I had something to do with it? Eh?... Anyway!

The Yankees appear to have gotten some mojo back.


And just for fun, here's a commercial that, if you watch the games on YES, you know all too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment