Saturday, January 31, 2009

2009 Super Bowl Pick(s)

So yes, I understand that having failed to update yesterday, I broke my New Year's Resolution and am thus a horrible person.

That said, let's move on to the elephant in the room: the Super Bowl is tomorrow, and I have yet to announce my pick!

Unlike last year, I haven't given a whole lot of thought to my pick for this year. The reason for that is two-fold:

1) I think the Steelers are that good

and

2) The party I'm going to is a de facto Steelers party, so regardless of my personal feelings, I have to root for Pittsburgh.

Seriously, though, on paper the Steelers should have this game in hand. However, the Cardinals are reminding a lot of people about the Giants in '07-'08: a team that sneaked into the playoffs and then got hot at the right time.

For this reason, I don't think anyone that picks Arizona is making a stupid pick; history shows that they might very well be the ones celebrating tomorrow night. Larry Fitzgerald could very well be the very best player in the game.

Both QBs have played in--and won--Super Bowls, although it's been nearly a decade since Warner won his last one in 2000.

So go on and fill up on greasy snack food--America's unofficial holiday is nearly here.

2 comments:

  1. I am one who will say I have picked the Cards to win 38-30..
    I am just going with my gut..Logic says the steelers should crush the Cards 38-10 but I will stick with my Cards pick..

    http://nutballgazette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. While my head tells me the Steelers will win because of their defense, I would like to see the Cardinals win. If the Cardinals win this game, it gives hope to every other team for next season.

    ReplyDelete