Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So Sick of Winter

Today, walking back from the library, I had two choices open to me:

Walk on the sheets of black ice on the sidewalks, or wade through the puddles--so dark you can't tell how deep--on the roads.

This is, of course, not a wholly new experience to me, but at least at Syracuse, once you made it to campus (and this itself was no small feat), you could count on salted sidewalks.

I love hockey and Christmas lights and all that, but we're at that part of winter where it's, baseball-wise, at least, the final stretch before Spring Training. And, yeah, so what if Spring Training doesn't include the competitive edge of the regular season? Spring Training's a time for veterans to prank the young guys, a time for stories of clubhouse bonding and, of course, the hope that this year will be THE year.

Truth is, winter's old news.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, that ice conundrum came my way as well.

    http://tinyurl.com/b4vn7o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, stepped in a puddle here on the UConn campus. As I did it, I screamed out loud so everyone could know what stupidity had just occurred. A girl walking by said to me "Yeah, I stepped in the same puddle an hour ago." Me = fail.

    ReplyDelete