Wednesday, January 16, 2008

NFL Playoff Picks, NFC and AFC championship games

First off, if you've never applied to graduate school...let's just say it's making it really hard to be an optimist.

Anyway.

The important stuff.

I did not catch either game on Sunday last--I was in the car during the Chargers-Colts game, driving back up to Syracuse from NJ, and while I had the Dallas-Giants game on TV when I got back, I spent most of the time drifting in and out of various states of consciousness and the only thing I remember with any clarity is TO's crocodile tears.

That said.

Patriots over Chargers. I'm not sure how the Chargers beat the Colts, but if anyone is going to beat the Patriots this year, I can't see it being San Diego. Especially not in Foxboro.

Green Bay over Giants. Speaking of weather-related football predictions, have you heard how cold it's supposed to be in Lambeau? Ice Bowl Redux, anyone? What can I say, it'll make Syracuse seem downright toasty. Anyway, I know the Giants play in awful weather, but when's the last time they played where the game time temperature was supposed to be at a high 13 F? Right.


Safe picks this week, but a Patriots/Green Bay Superbowl would be quite the event, wouldn't it? I mean, if Favre won that, what a way to go out...

3 comments:

  1. I was trying to email you, but couldn't find a way how to. I just recently started a blog with some Yankee fans and was hoping you could take a look, and if you approved, add it to your list of blogs worth your while. I've already added yours to our site. Hope you like it!

    Fernando Alejandro

    http://respectjetersgangster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fernando: I'd be glad to add it!

    For future reference, my email's on the sidebar.

    Rebecca@puristbleedspinstripes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pay better attention. Maybe I could use some of that adderall these major leaguers are on.

    Thank you!

    Fernando Alejandro

    ReplyDelete