Thursday, January 3, 2008

NFL Playoff Picks, Round One

So this is awesome. By the time we're all done with the playoffs and whatnot, there will be less than two weeks until pitchers and catchers.

I don't know about you, but I'm stoked.

Oh, by the way, these scores are completely arbitrary.

Seattle over Washington. There's no denying that Washington has the heart and can easily be a Cinderella team, but I can't help feeling that Washington got lucky with the playoffs, after Minnesota failed. Seattle, 24-10.


Jacksonville over Pittsburgh. I don't know what happened to Big Ben and his squad, but underperformed isn't really a strong enough word for it. Jacksonville, on the other hand, is a team I would not be surprised to see in the AFC championship game. Jacksonville, 21-14.


NY Giants over Tampa Bay. It's tempting to pick Tampa, especially given the Giants faltering in the second half against New England, but the Giants are the better team. I won't be surprised if it's a close one. Giants, 24-21.


San Diego over Tennessee. Tennessee backed into the playoffs, whereas San Diego was able to overcome a horrid start. San Diego, 28-14.

2 comments:

  1. I love Tampa Bay over the Giants. I think the Giants shot their best bullet fighting the Pats. The Ravens played a great game against the Pats then collapsed.

    I like Washington as they are good and hot.

    In the AFC, I think San Diego will win and I could see pittsburgh pulling out a win at home, but I'll pick Jacksonville.

    I'll do official picks on LJ tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who swears the Bucs will beat the Giants. I personally would like to see the Giants win, but they're just so inconsistent sometimes that's it's hard to trust them.

    Ethan Michaels
    http://modernrooters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete