Saturday, April 26, 2008

No Ken Do (Postgame Notes 26 April 2008)

Note: I had tickets to the Syracuse-Scranton/Wilkes-Barre game tonight (which was rained out), so I only saw the first four innings of the Yankee game today.

Ian Kennedy struggled once again in his start today; though he managed to pitch through five innings, he struggled in the first and second.

The Yankees' offense came on Jorge Posada's three-run triple, and yes, you read that sentence right.

Losing games in the bottom of the ninth sting, but given that the Yankees have such a depleted bullpen, it can't be that entirely surprising. However, the Yankees need to get past the excuse making, now that it's about a month into the season, and start adjusting. It's certainly not time to panic, but the Yankees need to seriously think about looking for ways to restock their bullpen, even if it means going outside their system.


OPTIMIST TAKE: Posada had a triple. Shelley Duncan is back with the big boys.

****

The Scranton-Syracuse game, as I said above, was a washout; there's a doubleheader tomorrow and apparently our tickets are good for the 2 PM game though I'm not exactly sure how it works.

That said, I'll have pictures tomorrow when there's actually a game.

While we were waiting during the rain, there was a booth where you could attempt to throw a pitch and if you hit the catcher's mitt, you could win a prize or some such. I tried it out--in my platformish flip flops--for the fun of it, just to see how I did. Of four throws, two didn't register on the radar gun, and the fastest one that did?

26 MPH.


Yeah, there's a reason I don't play baseball.

2 comments:

  1. Guess we should call you Stu (Miller).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learn the knuckleball look what it's done for Wakefield.

    ReplyDelete