Saturday, April 19, 2008

An Open Letter to the 2008 New York Yankees Bullpen (PG Notes)

Dear Bullpen--

I realize it's only April 19 (or 20th, depending on your time zone), but even so, you've been on quite a ride this year. For the most part, you've done what's been asked of you, something that wasn't done a whole lot last year, so, minus that one game in Tampa, thank you.

I realize the starting pitching has not been there. I would like to believe that, like the offense, it will eventually come around. I mean, it has to, right?

So I can't directly apologize for the poor starts from the staff, though growing pains might explain a little of it. However, I can say, that as a fan, I really do appreciate the job you're trying to do--the new and improved Brian Bruney, the 1-2-3's from Kyle Farnsworth (there's been at least one), Ross Ohlendorf and Billy Traber getting it done, LaTroy Hawkins giving it his all...and, of course, Joba and Mo--Really, the effort is not going ignored.

Trust me, I wish there was some magic spell I could do to get the Yankees to score with RISP or to get the staters to go more than five innings in a start. However, I got deferred from Hogwarts, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help other than to offer this encouragement.

Hold fast.

Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. 2 posts ago you said "The Yankees are in a better shape now than they've been any year since 2001."

    Do you still agree with this statement after seeing the way the rotation has been pitching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do. I think it will take some time for the starters to come around, but I think they will.

    Also, I was not referring to just this year, but what the Yanks have in place for next year and after that.

    In 02, 03, we did not have much in our minors. Now, we do.

    ReplyDelete