Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Dei Gratia (Or, the Thanksgiving Post)

Okay, hopefully I didn't just offend my atheist readers, in which case, I apologize.

Anyway.

We all have something for which we are thankful. For me, personally, it's been an amazing year--having spent the first four in Europe, and then September 'til now I've had this blog, which has given me so much more than I thought it could possibly give to me.


One of those things it's let me do is help others.

What do I mean?

Well, perhaps you remember me advertising an auction for the Domestic Violence Project.

When I first got the email asking me to advertise the auction, Tom Kackley, I was told that the goal was to double last year's auction total of $1400, with all proceeds benefiting the DVP--ie, a goal of $2800.

Maybe it was all the Joba, Phil and Ian stuff, or maybe it was that Yankee fans really are a do-good lot, but quoting directly from an email I received a week ago,

"
Thanks in no small part to your help in getting the word out, I'm
thrilled to say that we'll be giving the DVP a check for over $5000
sometime before Thanksgiving."

So for anyone that clicked on the link, browsed the items or bid on any of them, you've helped.


I've got a lot to be thankful for this year.





Enjoy the turkey. Go watch parades and football. I'll see you all later.

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot to be thankful for, and supporting a good cause is certainly cool.

    ReplyDelete