Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Random Baseball Trivia and Yankees' Classic Moments

Random Trivia, courtesy of Uncle John's 20th Anniversary Bathroom Reader:

A Regulation baseball has exactly 108 stitches.


On a more serious note, I'm sitting here, trying to come up with a classic Yankees' moment, and all I can think about is Joe Kennedy and Sean Taylor, and how they were taken from life way too soon (Taylor was only 24. That's three years older than me. Scary thought).

Life is precious. There is tragedy when anyone is taken from us too soon, but there is more tragedy when someone is taken without warning and often without reason.

I have to say, though, while we might mourn the loss, it is far more important to celebrate the life.

For anyone such as Kennedy or Taylor or Lou Gehrig or Thurman Munson or any other athlete taken from us too soon, it is far more important to remember what they gave us than how they were taken from us.




Yes, I know it's far from my most cheerful entry, but it is on my mind, especially as I've just found out Indians' pitcher Lara is also in critical condition after a car accident...

4 comments:

  1. hey bex, how many people read your blog besides me? i only do because i think your sexy sexy sexy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of the age thing often myself, particularly with Joe Kennedy, who was younger than me and died of a health issue. I hate to say it, but Sean Taylor is different. He was murdered and it's different from a medical condition that gets me thinking that it could have been me.

    All we can try to do is enjoy the time we have here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Josh.

    The lump in my throat every time I hear of such horrible news. Its just all so real and surreal!

    let us pray....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean Taylor

    R.I.P



    Something needs to be done in football.This is crazy how even in basketball there are so many deaths and crimes yet nothing is done.

    But Baseball has a couple of cheaters and the Senate gets involved.

    ReplyDelete