Sunday, October 28, 2007

Breaking News Yadda Yadda...

Take this with a grain of salt. It might just be a stunt by Boras, who I really, really don't like and that's not easy for me to do if I've never met someone, but we'll find out soon enough.

This has more or less been confirmed by ESPN and Sweeney.

Sports Illustrated is reporting that A-Rod is opting out of his contract.

When I don't have massive thesis work to do for tomorrow, I will work on a proper post, but this is one of those news things that you just have to 'stop everything and post' or something.

My basic, quick take?

If you don't want to be in New York, we don't want you here. It was great while it lasted, but truth be told, I'm not that fussed. A-Rod's been one of the marquee Yankees from 2004-2007, and with the exception of June-September 2007, they aren't exactly years (baseball wise, at least) that I'd like to remember.

Again, tremendous respect for what A-Rod did for the Yankees in four years, not too fussed about it, and will have something more impressive to post tomorrow or the day after.

WS postgame notes coming at the appropriate time.

3 comments:

  1. Well said.

    I support A-Rod but spending infinitely on him is not smart. A ten year $30 million deal will be crushing when he turns 40. The money can be spent elsewhere. Get grinders at position spots and invest in pitching. It's how the Yankees dynasty was formed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck "A". You've made a huge mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh--Exactly.

    Pinstripe Mike--I honestly think that most of this is Boras' doing. If A-Rod was not as fragile as he seems to be, I think he wudda dumped Boras a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete